Breastfeeding: the best start
Breastfeeding is the best and most natural nutrient that a newborn baby can get. Breast milk contains many antibodies, which protect your baby against diseases. According to research, when breastfed, your child will be less likely to have, for example: laryngitis, otitis or nasal infections, meningitis, cow’s milk allergy and diabetes.
Benefits of breastfeeding
In addition to the protection provided by breast milk, breastfeeding has further advantages:
• You always have it with you
• It has the right temperature and composition
• There is no expiration date (note: this does not apply to breast milk!)
• It strengthens the bond between you and your baby
• The first six months will be sufficient for healthy growth and development
• It is free
• Breastfeeding strengthens your bones in later life.
Sometimes breastfeeding does not succeed straight away. Then you can turn to the experienced lactation consultants of Borstvoedingspraktijk De Baker. They will visit you at home and give the advice and guidance you need to make breastfeeding a success.
They can also advise you about renting or buying products that are necessary when breastfeeding, for example a breast pump.
Together we will find a way to make you and your baby feel comfortable with breastfeeding.